Gillott, A S - Bronze-brazed frames
Posted: Monday 08th June 2020
The Gillott bronze-brazed frame.
Combining utmost strength and rigidity with liveliness and good looks. It is in every detail the equal of a lugged frame.
Special Gillott features which must be noted:
1. Larger diameter (1 5/16”) head tube giving added strength, larger mitres and a more symmetrical appearance.
2. Seat and down tubes are set apart on the bottom bracket shell for deep mitreing and neater brazing – again increased strength and rigidty.
3. Neat seat bolt arrangement with top of tube reinforced thereby avaoiding distortion and possible splitting.
4. 1â…›” top tube for increased rigidity.
5. Curved bridge with sleeve for brake bolt to prevent crushing.
6. Distinctive top eyes in keeping with the dignity of a Gillott product.
7. Reynolds 531 butted tubes, stays and blades throughout.